Concert Starry Night Concert: Emiko Hasegawa
30th of November, 7th of December 2018
Japanese film music composers and Frederic Chopin – such an extraordinary musical melange was proposed by Emiko Hasegawa. The pianist will play compositions by Ryuichi Sakamoto, composed of the soundtrack for Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (1983) and Joe Hisaishi, who wrote scores for more than 100 films – including anime, in collaboration with director Hayao Miyazaki. The programme of Frederic Chopin’s works will feature well-known, and at the same time the most atmospheric miniatures for the piano.
1. THE SHELTERING SKY THEME (Ryuichi Sakamoto)
2. Aqua (Ryuichi Sakamoto)
3. Waltz Op.34 No. 2 in A minor (F. Chopin)
4. Nocturne Op.9 No. 2 in E flat major (F. Chopin)
5. LENTO CON GRAN ESPRESSIONE Op.post. in C sharp minor (F. Chopin)
6. Waltz Op.64 No. 2 in C sharp minor (F. Chopin)
7. Ave Maria (G. Caccini)
8. Shining Boy & Little Rady (Ryuichi Sakamoto)
9. Bibo no Aozora (Ryuichi Sakamoto)
10. Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence (Ryuichi Sakamoto)
Emiko Hasegawa – Japanese pianist and teacher. Born in 1977 in Nagano, Japan. Thanks to her outstanding talent for music, she began learning to play the piano at the age of 3 under the direction of Prof. Ikuko Nomura. In 2004 she graduated from the piano class of Prof. Irina Zaritskaya and Prof. Keiko Hirose at the Nagoya College of Music. After graduating, she worked as an assistant at the College and a music teacher at YAMAHA. In 2007, she completed her post-graduate studies at the Frederic Chopin Academy of Music in Warsaw. under the direction of Prof. Teresa Manasterska. She participated in numerous festivals and concerts around the world. Her musical interests focus on the works of Chopin, Debussy, Bach and Mozart.